Looking for a fun camping charades game you can play while sitting around the fire? Here you go – and we have included some great S’mores recipes to enjoy too!
Going camping comes with many fun activities on its own. You can take advantage of hiking trails, swim in the nearby lake, or ride bikes around the campground.
What do you typically do when the sun is setting and you’ve built a fire for everyone to enjoy?
Camping Charades Game
You may want to sit around and tell ghost stories or sing songs. Once those aren’t very entertaining anymore, you may want to some camping games to play.
That’s why we have this free printable campfire charades game available for you to download!
This fun printable campfire game comes with 20 charades cards ready for you to print. Everyone will have lots of laughs getting their teammates to guess items or actions, such as:
- Chopping firewood
- Flying a kit
- Catching a fish
This game comes with a blank sheet of camping charades cards so you can personalize it for your family or friends. The ideas are endless!
How to Play Charades
These are the traditional rules of the game. Feel free to change them up to your own style, player ages, etc.
- Separate the players into two teams. Rotate who will be the “mime” of the team each round.
- One player (the mime) from team #1 takes a charades card. Give this player a few seconds to read the card and think about how to act it out.
- Start a timer, giving the player 60-90 seconds to act out the card and for their teammates to guess. Use a cell phone or sand timer to track the seconds.
- Award 1 point to the team if they guess the card correctly before time runs out.
- Play continues with the teams alternating with the cards until the cards run out or until one team reaches a pre-determined score.
Ideas for the Blank Camping Charades Cards
Make the game unique to your players by using the blank cards included this printable campfire game. If it’s just a family away for the weekend, you can add in hobbies each player enjoys. Boy Scouts can include actions they may use at other times they get together.
The ideas are really endless!
If you’re still stuck on what to write into your blank game cards, here are a few more ideas to get you going:
- First Aid Kit
- Hiking boots
- Blowing a whistle
- Going on a bear hunt
- Making mud pies
- Riding a bicycle
Fun S’more Recipes
As a bonus, we have included some unique ways to enjoy s’mores while you play. It’s at the end of the printable PDF below.
We hope you enjoy this free printable camping game. Have fun acting out all the included cards, and make the game play more fun by adding in some of your own ideas on the blank cards! This game is sure to make your camping trip a hit every time you play!